The Humility of Jesus –
For Families with Kids:
- Read Philippians 2:1-11 together out loud.
- Read it a second time and discuss the four questions (below) and make notes on the page. This is a great spot for kids to actively engage with Scripture.
- Make it fun! As you have fun together as a family your connection will increase and what you discover in Scripture together will stick.
- You can print the scripture out, use their Bible’s, or take a screenshot and mark over the image on your phone.
- Use these symbols for making notes:
- Select a verse to serve as a memory verse for the week!
- Write it down, make it colorful, make a craft out of it. Then memorize it together this week.
- Share your ideas and creations with us on Instagram and we will post them for so that others can see them and be encouraged!
- If you haven’t already, be sure to check out New City Catechism. It’s a great resource for the whole family, young and old, that you can use all week long. There are even songs available (be sure to turn on children’s mode for the songs)
- Adore. Spend a few moments lifting adoration to God in prayer. Praise Him for who He is and what He does.
- Confess. Acknowledge your sin and confess it.
- Thanksgiving. Thank Jesus for His salvation from your sin.
- Supplication. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you live from your identity in Christ.
Join with each other in continuing to lift these request to God:
- Wisdom for leaders all over the world
- Safety and endurance for medical professionals
- Healing and mercy for the sick
- Peace for the fearful
- Salvation for many
Let us know how God has impacted you the most through today’s worship.
- One great aspect of worshiping together on Sundays is the connections we make with others in the family of God.
- To encourage connection, we want you to share with one another via social media, phone call, group text or some other method. The goal is just to connect with one another in some way.
- Easter – Be sure to invite your friends and family to join us next Sunday as we celebrate our risen Lord! Our Home Worship Guide will include an Easter sermon, special music, and much more.
- Good Friday – The C&MA will also be hosting four Good Friday livestream services on April 10th! We encourage you to join with our Alliance family for one of these special services. Check out this link to their Facebook event for more info: https://bit.ly/2wWMRSU
- Thursday, April 9th – President of the C&MA, John Stumbo, will be hosting four digital prayer gatherings. Check out this link to the Facebook event for more info and to sign up: https://bit.ly/2wWMRSU
- Instagram Live Tonight – Tune in to our Instagram account at 7pm for a special live interview with our friend John Fooshee from Gospel Enneagram. John was Ben’s sabbatical coach and has worked with the elders and their wives using the enneagram. Watch live to hear from him and ask questions.
- Devotions – We will post a new devotional reading each day throughout this week that will help us take a closer look at the humility of Jesus. You’ll be able to find them on social media and on the blog portion of our website.
- Giving – We encourage your faithful and cheerful giving to continue as an act of worship and in support of the ministry of Redemption Church. The invitation is not to an obligation but to “taste and see that the Lord is good,” that He is exceedingly rich in riches beyond matters of money, and that He can be trusted even in our present circumstances. You can find ways to continue to give on our website.
- Prayer – We want to pray for you and to pray together. If you have any needs or prayer requests please submit them through our prayer requests form featured on the sign up page so that we can pray for each of you as needed.
- Worship Playlist – We’ve created a playlist of songs suggested by our worship team. We hope that listening to them will be a source of encouragement throughout your week. Listen on Spotify – Listen on Apple Music