We have put together this Home Worship Guide to lead us into gathered prayer and worship as a church while we remain scattered physically. Whether you are by yourself, with your family, or with a friend, please take time to glorify God together in this way.
Call to Worship:
Read Psalm 148:1-14 aloud and together:
Praise the LORD!
Praise the LORD from the heavens;
praise him in the heights!
Praise him, all his angels;
praise him, all his hosts!
Praise him, sun and moon,
praise him, all you shining stars!
Praise him, you highest heavens,
and you waters above the heavens!
Let them praise the name of the LORD!
For he commanded and they were created.
And he established them forever and ever;
he gave a decree, and it shall not pass away.
Praise the LORD from the earth,
you great sea creatures and all deeps,
fire and hail, snow and mist,
stormy wind fulfilling his word!
Mountains and all hills,
fruit trees and all cedars!
Beasts and all livestock,
creeping things and flying birds!
Kings of the earth and all peoples,
princes and all rulers of the earth!
Young men and maidens together,
old men and children!
Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for his name alone is exalted;
his majesty is above earth and heaven.
He has raised up a horn for his people,
praise for all his saints,
for the people of Israel who are near to him.
Praise the LORD!
Pray a prayer of surrender, humbly offering yourself to God. Ask Him to use the next few minutes of worship for His glory and your own joy.
Let’s worship Our God in song together!
Parents, each week we will include a song or two for the whole family. Take this opportunity to sing and dance with your kids, and worship God together as a family.
Fear Not by Ellie Holcomb
The Joy, Joy, Joy
[kc_video link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmdBpg7d5Jg&feature=youtu.be"][kc_video title="The Bible Project – James" link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn-hLHWwRYY&feature=youtu.be"][kc_video title="“Interruptions or Opportunities?” – James 1:1-11" link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXjG-g16ySs&feature=youtu.be"]
Ask these questions after reading: (We encourage you to connect with others via MC’s or DNA’s throughout the week to discuss and pray together also)
- Have you truly “counted it all joy” as you encounter these many and various trials? What keeps you from that perspective?
- What does this reveal about what you are truly believing about who you are, who God is, and what He does?
- Would you ask God to give you such wisdom and perspective?
- Would you also pray that Jesus will be made known in us and through us as a church?
For Families with Kids:
Time of Prayer:
- Adore. Spend a few moments lifting adoration to God in prayer. Praise Him for who He is and what He does.
- Confess. Acknowledge your sin and confess it.
- Thanksgiving. Thank Jesus for His salvation from your sin.
- Supplication. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you live from your identity in Christ.
Join with each other in continuing to lift these request to God:
- Justice for the oppressed, and for the reconciling work of Jesus to work mightily
- Wisdom for leaders all over the world
- Safety and endurance for medical professionals
- Healing and mercy for the sick
- Peace for the fearful
- Salvation for many
What good news encouraged you this morning?
- Let us know how God has impacted you the most through today’s worship via social media.
- Remember to tag Redemption Church in your post.
- Salvation and Baptism – If you’d like to talk further about your decision to follow Jesus or baptism, we’d love to hear from you. Fill out this form on our baptism page, and let us know in the message portion how we can assist you.
- Connect – If you’d like more information on how to connect with Redemption Church, please contact Ben Riche or Brent Skelley. You can also connect with Redemption Church via social media on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Giving – We encourage your faithful and cheerful giving to continue as an act of worship and in support of the ministry of Redemption Church. The invitation is not to an obligation but to “taste and see that the Lord is good,” that He is exceedingly rich in riches beyond matters of money, and that He can be trusted even in our present circumstances. You can find ways to continue to give on our website.
- Prayer – We want to pray for you and to pray together. If you have any prayer requests please submit them through our prayer requests form featured on the sign up page so that we can pray for each of you as needed.
- Worship – We have been aiming to gather again in mid July, but we are also continuing to evaluate the risks and logistics of gathering again. Look for an email update this week concerning our plans for the coming weeks. In the meantime, we will continue to gather as a church using these Home Worship Guides on Sundays. They will remain on our home page throughout the week.
- Worship Playlist – We've created a playlist of songs suggested by our worship team. We hope that listening to them will be a source of encouragement throughout your week. Listen on Spotify – Listen on Apple Music
[kc_video title="Redemption Kids with Mrs. Jessica" link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvV8_tneO4Y&feature=youtu.be"][kc_video link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju-aOVl55z8&feature=youtu.be"]