NOTE: Redemption Church has created a Right Now Media account. Right Now Media is a digital library of video Bible studies, book discussions, conference messages, kids shows, etc. Since Redemption has set up a church account, everyone in our church can set up a personal account for free also.
Click below to receive an invitation
to join if you haven’t already.
Over the course of this Spring, we are going to be working through a six-week video series led by Dallas Willard titled, Hearing God. The main overall objective of the series is for each of us to grow in our understanding of what it means to relate to God as we make space to be with him
You Were Created For Friendship With God
Dallas Willard said, “God has made you for his presence and seeks fellowship with you”.
1. What do you think he meant by this?
2. Do you think this quote is realistic or idealistic?
3. Assuming this is true, what does this mean for your own personal life?
Read Psalm 32:6-11
1. In this conversational dialogue between David and God, what do you think is going on in verse 8?
2. From these passages, what does it seem God truly desires from his people?
THE PRACTICE PROMPT:
Each practice week, we will be providing a practice prompt for everyone to do on their own throughout the week. We want to invite and encourage each of us to make space to read, reflect, and use each passage as a journaling/written prayer prompt before our next practice week. You could choose to go through these passages individually or in one sitting a couple times.
1. Mark 1:21-39: Jesus’ use of solitude in the midst of a flurry of activity
2. Exodus 24:14-15: The glory of meditation
3. Genesis 3:8: God walking with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden
4. Deuteronomy 6:1-9: The importance of intentionality
5. Matthew 6:9-13: The Lord’s Prayer