We have put together this Home Worship Guide to lead us into gathered prayer and worship as a church while we remain scattered physically. Whether you are by yourself, with your family, or with a friend, please take time to glorify God together in this way.
Call to Worship:
Read 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 aloud and together:
For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.
Pray a prayer of surrender, humbly offering yourself to God. Ask Him to use the next few minutes of worship for His glory and your own joy.
Let’s worship Our God in song together!
Parents, each week we will include a song or two for the whole family. Take this opportunity to sing and dance with your kids, and worship God together as a family.
S-A-V-I-O-R (John 4:14) by Seeds Family Worship
King of Me by Rendco Kids
[kc_video link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itpKwY6Zi5Q&feature=youtu.be"][kc_video title="“Show No Partiality” – James 2:1-13" link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAqaGDLt4oU&feature=youtu.be"]
Ask these simple questions after reading:
- What does James reveal about who God is and what He does?
- What does he say about who you are and how you should live?
- In what ways do we show partiality and favoritism? What is at the root of it?
- Remember the good news of James 2:13; “mercy triumphs over judgment.”
For Families with Kids:
Everyone put on a blindfold or close your eyes. Sit still for 2 minutes and just listen or feel what is around you. How do familiar things seem different when you can't see? If you would like, take turns putting on a blindfold and have another family member direct or lead you through the room. We all need our eyes to be opened to the truth that Jesus is the Son of God and that he came to save us. Ask any family members who have trusted God and would like to share to tell the rest of the family the story of how they came to “see" this truth.
Time of Prayer:
- Adore. Spend a few moments lifting adoration to God in prayer. Praise Him for who He is and what He does.
- Confess. Acknowledge your sin and confess it.
- Thanksgiving. Thank Jesus for His salvation from your sin.
- Supplication. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you live from your identity in Christ.
Join with each other in continuing to lift these request to God:
- Justice for the oppressed, and for the reconciling work of Jesus to work mightily
- Wisdom for leaders all over the world
- Safety and endurance for medical professionals
- Healing and mercy for the sick
- Peace for the fearful
- Salvation for many
What good news encouraged you this morning?
- Let us know how God has impacted you the most through today’s worship via social media.
- Remember to tag Redemption Church in your post.
- Salvation and Baptism – If you’d like to talk further about your decision to follow Jesus or baptism, we’d love to hear from you. Fill out this form on our baptism page, and let us know in the message portion how we can assist you.
- Connect – If you’d like more information on how to connect with Redemption Church, please contact Ben Riche or Brent Skelley. You can also connect with Redemption Church via social media on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Giving – We encourage your faithful and cheerful giving to continue as an act of worship and in support of the ministry of Redemption Church. The invitation is not to an obligation but to “taste and see that the Lord is good,” that He is exceedingly rich in riches beyond matters of money, and that He can be trusted even in our present circumstances. You can find ways to continue to give on our website.
- Prayer – We want to pray for you and to pray together. If you have any prayer requests please submit them through our prayer requests form featured on the sign up page so that we can pray for each of you as needed.
- Worship – With coronavirus currently spreading rapidly again we will not be gathering in the month of July. We will continue to gather as a church using these Home Worship Guides on Sundays. They will remain on our home page throughout the week.
- Worship Playlist – We've created a playlist of songs suggested by our worship team. We hope that listening to them will be a source of encouragement throughout your week. Listen on Spotify – Listen on Apple Music
[kc_video title="Redemption Kids with Mrs. Corrie" link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcGLLQwyfD8&feature=youtu.be"][kc_video link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BVV1AsAEYw&feature=youtu.be"]