We have put together this Home Worship Guide to lead us into gathered prayer and worship as a church while we remain scattered physically. Whether you are by yourself, with your family, or with a friend, please take time to glorify God together in this way.
Call to Worship:
Read Psalm 85:1-13 aloud and together:
LORD, you were favorable to your land;
you restored the fortunes of Jacob.
You forgave the iniquity of your people;
you covered all their sin. Selah
You withdrew all your wrath;
you turned from your hot anger.
Restore us again, O God of our salvation,
and put away your indignation toward us!
Will you be angry with us forever?
Will you prolong your anger to all generations?
Will you not revive us again,
that your people may rejoice in you?
Show us your steadfast love, O LORD,
and grant us your salvation.
Let me hear what God the LORD will speak,
for he will speak peace to his people, to his saints;
but let them not turn back to folly.
Surely his salvation is near to those who fear him,
that glory may dwell in our land.
Steadfast love and faithfulness meet;
righteousness and peace kiss each other.
Faithfulness springs up from the ground,
and righteousness looks down from the sky.
Yes, the LORD will give what is good,
and our land will yield its increase.
Righteousness will go before him
and make his footsteps a way.
Pray a prayer of surrender, humbly offering yourself to God. Ask Him to use the next few minutes of worship for His glory and your own joy.
Let’s worship Our God in song together!
Parents, each week we will include a song or two for the whole family. Take this opportunity to sing and dance with your kids, and worship God together as a family.
Fruit of the Spirit Song
Jesus Loves Me – CJ and Friends
[kc_video link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0En8EMY87V8&feature=youtu.be"][kc_video title="“How to Remain Steadfast” – James 1:12-18" link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUIF8eHLr4Y&feature=youtu.be"]
Ask these questions after reading: (We encourage you to connect with others via MC’s or DNA’s throughout the week to discuss and pray together also)
- What part of the passage immediately stands out to you?
- What do you think it says of who God is and what He does?
- What does it say about who you are and how you should live?
- Listen to yourself this week. Are you counting it all joy when you face trials? When things get rough and tiresome are you pushing through with no issues, or do you hear yourself starting to post up against God and look for escape and comfort?
- Prayerfully lean into the arms of Jesus and ask for His wisdom and strength.
For Families with Kids:
Time of Prayer:
- Adore. Spend a few moments lifting adoration to God in prayer. Praise Him for who He is and what He does.
- Confess. Acknowledge your sin and confess it.
- Thanksgiving. Thank Jesus for His salvation from your sin.
- Supplication. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you live from your identity in Christ.
Join with each other in continuing to lift these request to God:
- Justice for the oppressed, and for the reconciling work of Jesus to work mightily
- Wisdom for leaders all over the world
- Safety and endurance for medical professionals
- Healing and mercy for the sick
- Peace for the fearful
- Salvation for many
What good news encouraged you this morning?
- Let us know how God has impacted you the most through today’s worship via social media.
- Remember to tag Redemption Church in your post.
- Salvation and Baptism – If you’d like to talk further about your decision to follow Jesus or baptism, we’d love to hear from you. Fill out this form on our baptism page, and let us know in the message portion how we can assist you.
- Connect – If you’d like more information on how to connect with Redemption Church, please contact Ben Riche or Brent Skelley. You can also connect with Redemption Church via social media on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Giving – We encourage your faithful and cheerful giving to continue as an act of worship and in support of the ministry of Redemption Church. The invitation is not to an obligation but to “taste and see that the Lord is good,” that He is exceedingly rich in riches beyond matters of money, and that He can be trusted even in our present circumstances. You can find ways to continue to give on our website.
- Prayer – We want to pray for you and to pray together. If you have any prayer requests please submit them through our prayer requests form featured on the sign up page so that we can pray for each of you as needed.
- Worship – With coronavirus currently spreading rapidly again we will not be gathering in the month of July. We will continue to gather as a church using these Home Worship Guides on Sundays. They will remain on our home page throughout the week.
- Worship Playlist – We've created a playlist of songs suggested by our worship team. We hope that listening to them will be a source of encouragement throughout your week. Listen on Spotify – Listen on Apple Music
[kc_video title="Redemption Kids with Mrs. Amber" link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X–GbFYY3yE&feature=youtu.be"][kc_video link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jfwSJrFrWY&feature=youtu.be"]