Ask these simple questions after reading:
- What part of the passage immediately stands out to you?
- What do you think it says of who God is and what He does?
- What does it say about who you are and how you should live?
For Families with Kids:
- Read Philippians 1:19-30 together out loud.
- Read it a second time and discuss the four questions (below) and make notes on the page. This is a great spot for kids to actively engage with Scripture.
- You can print the scripture out, use their Bible’s, or take a screenshot and mark over the image on your phone.
- Use these symbols for making notes:
|◯ Circle: Who is God?||✳ Star: What has God done?|
|▭ Box: Who are we?||Underline: How should we live?|
Time of prayer:
- Adore. Spend a few moments lifting adoration to God in prayer. Praise Him for who He is and what He does.
- Confess. Acknowledge your sin and confess it.
- Thanksgiving. Thank Jesus for His salvation from your sin.
- Supplication. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you live from your identity in Christ.
Also, join with each other in lifting these request to God also:
- Wisdom for leaders all over the world
- Guidance and endurance for medical professionals
- Healing and mercy for the sick
- Peace for the fearful
- Salvation for many
Let us know how God has impacted you the most through today’s worship.
- One great aspect of worshiping together on Sundays is the connections we make with others in the family of God.
- To encourage connection, we want you to share with one another via social media, phone call, group text or some other method. The goal is just to connect with one another in some way.
Families with Kids:
A couple recommendations:
- Have fun together and get active. As you have fun together as a family your connection will increase.
- Select a verse to serve as a memory verse for the week!
- Write it down, make it colorful, make a craft out of it. Then memorize it together this week.
- Share your ideas and creations with us on Instagram and we will post them for everybody to see!
- New City Catechism is a fantastic resource for the whole family, young and old, that you can use all week long. There are even songs available (be sure to turn on childrens mode for the songs)
- Giving – We encourage your faithful and cheerful giving to continue as an act of worship and in support of the ministry of Redemption Church. The invitation is not to an obligation but to “taste and see that the Lord is good,” that He is exceedingly rich in riches beyond matters of money, and that He can be trusted even in our present circumstances. You can find ways to continue to give on our website.
- Prayer – We want to pray for you and to pray together. If you have any prayer requests please submit them through our prayer requests form featured on the sign up page so that we can pray for each of you as needed.
- Worship – As we remain scattered over the coming weeks, we will continue to gather as a church using these Home Worship Guides on Sundays. They will remain on our home page throughout the week.