HEARING GOD AS A LIFE
- What did this week’s practice look like for you?
- What about this week’s practice was valuable or difficult for you?
1. When was a time that you were living the “with-God life”?
2. Dallas describes the church as the “continuing incarnation.” What are the implications of this image for living a with-God life?
3. John Ortberg quotes Frank Laubach that a mystic is simply someone who believes that if they talk to God he might answer back. What do you believe happens when you talk to God? Has this changed over the last few weeks?
THE PRACTICE PROMPT:
Each practice week, we will be providing a practice prompt for everyone to do on their own throughout the week. We want to invite and encourage each of us to make space to read, reflect, and use each passage as a journaling/written prayer prompt before our next practice week. You could choose to go through these passages individually or in one sitting a couple times.
1. John 10:7-18: The sheep know His voice
2. Ephesians 2:1-9: God made us alive and together
3. John 15:1-11: Abide in Jesus
4. Matthew 6:9-13: The Lord’s Prayer